Modern systems and technologies
Wallcrete Panel Super-Concrete Walls
The concrete style block of this product is considered to be the axial features of these composite panels. All stages of designing, commissioning and commercialization of this product were made by designers, engineers and company managers for the first time in Iran.
WALLCRETE Wallcover Wall is actually a panel of lightweight reinforced concrete with polymeric and mineral fibers using nano fillers and in much larger pieces than conventional blocks. This product meets the needs of industrialization and features such as sound insulation, heat insulation and cooling, ultra-lightweight, reducing structures and foundations weight, suitable for high-tension, high speed execution, and optimization of the interior.
Energy separators and dampers
In order to upgrade the knowledge and services of engineering and application of new systems, BastanPol Imen has acquired Robinson’s products sales in the provinces of Khorasan and Guilan.
In general, energy absorbers and separators are used to reduce the dynamic response of the structure to wind and earthquake pressure . The functional mechanism of these devices is performing special deformations and special mechanical actions. Through these actions they absorb a large amount of energy input to the structure due to dynamic pressure . The function of these dampers reduces the energy received by other structural members and, as a result, does not cause much deformation. Energy dissipation in these dampers occurs as the conversion of kinetic energy into heat by friction, movement in slurry, metal surrender, and so on.
The advantages of using separators and dampers can cause a significant increase in the level of structural performance, reducing the structure of the seismic response up to 20%, a significant reduction in non-structural damage, reducing the volume of materials needed for construction, the usability to improve existing structures, And in some cases the recovery of the initial shape and zero need for replacement after the earthquake
۱٫ VISCOUS FLUID DAMPER
The structure of a slurry liquid dampers generally consists of a piston and a cylinder. Slippery fluid inside the cylinder is compressed by the piston, inside the piston. there is another cylinder that can be introduced through the liquid perforations. By applying the pressure to the fluid system, the fluid exchanged between the two cylinders loses a lot of energy.
۲٫ FRICTIONAL DAMPER
This type of damper acts on the basis of the friction mechanism between rigid bodies relative to each other. In fact, friction is a great energy dissipation mechanism. The function of all friction dampers is that one part is fixed and the other part slides down dynamically. The slip occurs at a certain level of force, so that no movement happens up to a certain level of force, but after this level, slip and motion begins. The composition and positioning of these slip surfaces creates different friction dampers.
۳٫ YIELDING DAMPER
The function of these dampers is based on the surrender of the metal and thereby increase the energy dissipation capacity. In fact, these dampers are flooded during pressure and, as a result, deplete a large amount of input energy into the structure. In this way, no further degradation occurs on the structure of the building, but on a predetermined piece which, after pressure, is also interchangeable. The disadvantages of this method can be the permanent deformation after the earthquake.
۴٫ SEISMIC BASE ISOLATION
Seismic separation is the separation of the whole or part of the structure from the ground in order to reduce the seismic response of that part at the time of the earthquake event. Seismic separation systems have been accepted as one of the most effective ways of protecting structures against seismic stimulation. These systems reduce the response of the axes, in particular the relative displacement of the classes and the acceleration of the classes. However, the base displacement of these systems in the near-field earthquakes can be increased, which should be provided by creating space around the building.
Steel Shear Wall System with CFT Columns
Since 2012, the designer BastanPol Co. has taken steps to implement one of the structural properties of the steel sheared walls, which in recent years has been a particular interest to engineers internationally. The company’s know-how and technical capabilities, together with a collaborative academic effort with Amir Kabir University of Technology, have led to the publication of credible scientific articles at international conferences and journals.
The steel sheared wall system is a seismic load-resistant system made up of 3 to 10 mm steel sheets as a sheared wall. These sheets connect to the beams and surrounding columns by pre-embedded intermediary sheets. The combination of thin sheets of steel with the elements of the beam and the column around them forms a frame of series of steel-like structures, in which the columns of the wall system are the upper and lower wings of the beam and their beams work as hardening agents.
The production of parts of the metal skeleton at the factory site, happens with the fitting of the elements necessary for joining steel sheets (screwed or welded). After carrying the workshop and installing the metal skeleton and steel sheets by crane in their place and after their temporary and quick installation, in the next step, permanent and complete connection of the sheets to the surrounding elements is provided.
Concrete Filled Tubes (CFT) steel columns are a smart mix of concrete and steel, which have a range of advantages in reinforced concrete and steel columns. The more resilient to RC concrete columns due to the more pronounced presence of steel in the section, the implementation is much faster than concrete skeletons due to the production of steel skeleton in the factory and the rapid implementation of joints in the workshop, as well as a significant reduction in the size of the columns related to concrete columns are some of the benefits of these columns. The use of CFT columns in a steel sheared wall system is a smart engineering mix that fits well with the architecture and requirements of the system.
The advantages of the CFT column steel sheared system are reducing the weight of consumable steel, safety and high seismic resistance due to the high bonding and high degree of steel plate joints, and easy implementation due to the production of metal skeleton parts and wall panels at the factory and joining joints With a corner weld on all frame fittings, except for connecting parts of the steel plate.
۱٫ Benefits of steel shear walls system
۱-۱٫ General benefits
- – Weight loss of steel consumption
- The low weight of the steel plate, the simplification of design requirements due to the proper behavior of the system (and having a high operating coefficient), along with the effective performance of controlling structural deformations due to the high degree of hardness, can lead to a reduction in the weight of the designed skeleton
- – Safety and high seismic resistance due to the continuity, ductility and strength of steel plate and joints.
- – Easy implementation due to:
- – Use of joined joints with corner weld on all frame joints, except for connecting parts of the steel plate
- – Easy to carry and easy installation of steel plate due to low weight, high flexibility and cutting and preparation at factory site.
- – The small size of the welding part of the steel plate connection and its implementation is only one pass (welding). It is also possible to remove the weld and implement the connection with the help of bolts and nuts.
۱-۲٫ Architectural Benefits
- – Less occupation of architectural space than other lateral load systems
- – Possibility of opening the door (door or window): In steel sheared walls, regarding to the necessary hardening, there is the possibility of opening a gap in any place, while this possibility is limited in the V-bracing system and does not exist in the X curtain and in Concrete sheared walls with limited size and difficult execution details are encountered.
۱٫۳ Behavioral Benefits
- – Density and higher energy absorption than reinforcing concrete sheared reinforcement systems.
- – The lack of specific sensitivity to the implementation of fusion joints, in contrast to the framing pane, in which, in the event of failure of the connection weld under the lateral pressure, floor decay and progressive deterioration occurs,
- – The safety provided by the steel sheared wall is comparable to the unconstrained steel grade and the weld joints used in connecting it to the bracing system and the framing pane and with the reinforced concrete sheared wall system.
- – In the system of steel sheared walls in the event of an earthquake, the submission and failure in the steel sheet is interchangeable and to a lesser extent in the ends of the upper and lower beams, and the other beams and structural columns will remain safe from the occurrence of surrender, thus the cost of reconstruction Building after earthquake is minimized.
۱-۴٫ Advantages of Flexible Frame System
- – Up to 50% less skeletal structure. The more advanced sidewall stiffness of the steel sheared wall compared to the framing panes allows more effective control of structural deformation. This factor, coupled with the higher-performance behavior of the system (up to 2.5 times), which reduces its seismic pressures, dramatically reduces the weight of the skeleton.
- – Faster and quicker implementation: Full penetration of flexural fusion joints leads to difficulty and slowness, while in the steel sheared wall system, other than joints in the wall openings the rest of the connections are joint like.
۱-۵٫ Benefits to the bracing system
- – Weight loss. Consumed steel: In the event of the use of a dual system due to the weakness of the bracing system in controlling deformations, the use of a steel sheared wall system will only be sufficient due to the higher hardness. Having a higher behavioral factor (up to 1.7 times) will also help reduce skeletal weight.
- Better Seismic Behavior: In seismic bracing systems, the focus is on the joints, while in the steel sheared wall system, these forces are distributed by the wall plate at all points of the beam and the surrounding columns.
۱-۶٫ Benefits to the reinforced concrete shear wall
- – Lower weight: Significant weight of the concrete wall, in addition to overlaying the lower beams, results in a significant increase in the weight of the structure and seismic forces absorbed.
- – Higher treatment coefficient: Regardless of the dual system “Special Fender Frame + Reinforced Concrete Reinforced Concrete Wall” which is considered less due to the specific problems of the operation, the system behavior of the steel sheared wall system is 1 to 25 times the concrete equivalent. It is furthermore that, in proportion to this increase in seismic pressure, also decrease.
- – The implementation process is much simpler: Due to the steps of armature, molding, concrete fastening and molding in the process of implementing a concrete sheared wall, the implementation of the steel sheared wall system is far faster and easier.
۱-۷ Table Comparison of Different Side Load Handling Systems
|Compare the parameter||Structural system|
|Steel shear wall||Medium Framing Frame (Special)||Braided braided frame (outboard)||Concrete Shear Intermediate Wall (Special)|
|Behavior factor||۱۰||۷ (۱۰)||۶ (۷)||۷ (۸)|
|Side difficulty||High||Low||medium||too High|
|The dead load is due to the weight of parts other than the beam and the column||very low||——||medium||High|
|Speed and ease of implementation||آسان||medium||medium||دشوار|
|The amount of occupancy of architectural space by structural skeleton||very low||High||High||very High|
|Possibility to expand||مقدور||بدون مشکل||غیر ممکن (محدود)||پرهزینه و خیلی دشوار|
|Structural safety||خیلی زیاد||medium(زیاد)||کم (medium)||High|
|The cost of rebuilding and re-utilization after an earthquake||very low||very High||High(very High)||very High|
|The need for a specialist force to build||no||yes||no||yes|
۲٫ History of the steel shear wall
Several cases of use of the system in the 1970s can be reported in countries such as Japan and the United States, but by presenting the rules for the design of steel sheared walls by the US Steel Structures Seismic Design Regulation (AISC 341) in 2005, the development of a significant speeding system is found and Several recent uses of this system can be cited, some of which are referred below.
۲٫۱ System Uses in the United States
- – A 30 storey hotel in Las Vegas (pictured p. 23)
- – Silomar 6 storey Hospital in Los Angeles (1980) (p. 3)
- – Structural system: In the first two floors, a steel frame with a concrete slab and a four-storey steel sheared wall.
- – The reason for the use of steel sheared walls is based on the report: the weight of steel consumed by up to 50% compared to the steel framing pane, the weight reduction of the structure by removing the reinforced concrete sheared walls, the optimal use of the useful space of the architecture, increased run speed, the possibility of embedding Pop-up (door and window) desired.
- – The Silomar Hospital had only minor damages in the Whittier and Northeastern earthquakes (1987 and 1994).
- – Building the 22nd Justice Department in Seattle, Washington (p. 23).
- – A 52-storey building in San Francisco, CA (p. 23)
۲٫۲ System applications in Japan and elsewhere in the world
- – ۵۲storey office building in Tokyo (1975) (p. 22)
- – ۲۰ floors office building in Tokyo (1970) (p. 22)
- – ۳۵floors Japan Coupe Tower (p. 19)
- – The structural system of this building is a dual framing system with a steel sheared wall. It was constructed in 1988 and exposed to the Kobe earthquake in 1995. Post-earthquake studies on this structure showed that no general damage was reported and all damage was minor.
- – ۷۵storey building in Tianjin, China (p. 23)
۳٫ Design guidelines
۴, The activities of the ancient engineering group in the field of domestication and implementation of steel sheared walls system in Iran
۴-۱- Application development of steel shear walls
Due to the complicated and time-consuming design of the steel sheared walls (referred to in Section 1-4), one of the major obstacles to extending the use of this system is the current structure design software, lacks the ability to design the system. To solve this problem, the experts of BastanPol, in cooperation with Amir Kabir University of Technology, have developed a software for the design of steel sheared walls. Using this software, the company can test the various options and help to achieve the best design. In addition, with this software, it is possible to provide a design calculator so that the accuracy of the performed calculations can easily be achieved for audiences with technical knowledge and legal references.
Advantages and software capabilities
- – Design of a steel sheared wall system based on the US Steel Structural and Steel Structures (AISC-341) and its Interpretation
- – Reduce the time of repetitive process and time on the design of sheared steel manually with a much faster software product.
- – Reducing errors caused by human factors and eliminating the inevitable approximations of the manual method
- – Ability to map executive details automatically
- – Possibility of using columns of concrete canisters filled with concrete to reduce the sizes of the columns and the weight of steel used and …
۴٫۲ Report of a residential project designed by the company using a steel shear wall system
- – A project of 10 residential floors with an area of 770 square meters per floor and a total area of 7700 square meters
- – Project location: Frontier zone in Tehran
- – Structural Ceiling System: Conventional Composite
Design of the structure with three options: “Special steel folding frame”, “Flexible framing pane + Modular sheared wall” and “Fully sheared wall system”
The steel used in the two systems “Special steel frames” and “Framing pane + Reinforced concrete sheared walls” is intended for use with the St37 type and used in the construction of the columns of the two systems from the sections of the can.
In the steel sheared wall system, the columns are selected from sections of concrete filled cups (CFT). ST52 is used to build columns and beams around the walls. The connection of the beams to the columns is considered to be of the branch type of RBS. The used steel sheets have a minimum thickness of 3 mm and are of ST37 steel type.
The steel weight used per square meter of infrastructure is compared in the following table for different options:
|بخش سازه ای||سیستم سازه ای|
|دیوار برشی فولادی||قاب خمشی فولادی ویژه||قاب خمشی فولادی + دیوار برشی بتنی متوسط|
|تیر و ستون های اسکلت||۵۵||۸۰||۶۰|
|اجزای اتصال تیر و ستون های اسکلت||۵||۱۶||۱۲|
|سقف سازه ای||۱۵||۱۵||۱۵|